Wednesday, November 9, 2011

update

Ok, in the spirit of brutal honesty, I ate the pizza I was craving. I know it won't help me. I know that even if my the numbers on the scale aren't changing, other changes are taking place. I know that it was an emotional, not nutritional need. And I know that in the end, filling that emotional void with pizza makes things worse. I know it was a back-slide from how awesomely on top of chicken and vegetables I have been. I know, I know, I know all of these things and so much more.

But I wanted it. and I couldn't fight that after fighting fights at work, in my eprsonal life, with my condo association, with my conscience, and the losing battle with the scale. So I gave in.

And you know what? It wasn't even that good. It felt so . . . anti-climactic. It felt so . . . unfulfilling, in every way. I wasn't nutritionally satisfied, I was far from emotionally satisfied, and I did all of this heading into a three day conference where I will be surrounded by bad food every minute of the day. Tsk, Tsk.

So, now I get to try and dig myself out of this hole while working too many hours to exercise, surrounded by desserts, chips, and other unhelpful snacks.

See Christie run. See Christie run right into her worst nightmare. see Christie dig a hole for herself. Now see Christie try to dig her way out while trying to accept that not being perfect at this is part of the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment